This is not an easy question to answer because Fiverr and Upwork are both great platforms. In the past, Fiverr has been a cheaper alternative to Upwork, but with recent changes in the prices, they are now relatively the same. I will dive too deep to give you the best Best Freelancing Platform.
In the past, Fiverr was cheaper because they have a build-your-own-gig model, where the customer chooses the price and what type of gig they would like. The disadvantage to this model is that a lot of people would try to find the cheapest way to provide a service and not provide a quality product.
Both Fiverr and Upwork offer a wide variety of services, payment options, and depending on the country you are in, different commission rates. However, what sets them apart can be the work quality. Upwork has a higher level of working standard and treats workers better. Fiverr has a lot of pros surrounding it, but it also has some cons.
Best Freelancing Platform Pros & Cons
How does Fiverr Works?
Fiverr is a freelancing platform where anyone can list any kind of skill as a Gig. Fi err is mainly seller oriented platform where seller list his/her skill but other platforms like Upwork or Frelancer the person or company post the work with budget. Let’s read about pros and cons of Fiverr.
Fiverr Pros & Cons
- One of the most popular pros of Fiverr is that it’s easy for you to find gigs. So, with that being said, it makes it easy for you to find projects that are perfect for your skillset. The one con is that there are fewer gigs that are available for more experienced people.
- Fiverr is a better platform for beginners, in which you have a higher ratio of gigs for people who are new to freelancing. If you have so many clients and want to manage with Fiverr workspace then you go with its amazing features.
- Fiverr has always been a great place to find gigs, but the company has done a great job of giving you the tools you need to make more money. I’ve seen people make really good money on Fiverr. One of the best things about Fiverr is that it has a higher ratio of gigs for people who are new to freelancing.
- Fiverr, business model, is it takes some percentage from its users and clients. If you are a seller then Fiverr takes 20% on every order this is a big con.
- If you complete any order then you need to wait 7 days to clear the order amount but there is no restriction for the amount withdrawn.
- It has two methods Paypal and Bank Transfer (Payoneer). It doesn’t take any charge for withdrawal, and the best thing is if you use Paypal then they did a partnership with Paypal where the transaction runs smoothly without any charge.
How does Upwork Works?
Upwork is a open source platforms where any company and individual can post a job as per the need.
Here freelancer can reply to job post and grab the project and earn a good revenue.
Upwork Pros & Cons
- Upwork, on the other hand, has more stability for freelancers. It’s always been really easy to find jobs that are perfect for your skillset on Upwork.
- The one con about Upwork is that it’s hard to find jobs that are at the top of the pay scale. What Fiverr and Upwork have in common is that they both offer a marketplace for freelance workers.
- Upwork is a more formal company; they put in place a higher level of working standards, and provide you with the tools you need to make more money.
- Upwork is more formal in that they put in place stricter working standards and provide you with the tools you need to make more money; in addition to this, it’s easier to find jobs that are perfect for your skillset.
- In Upwork, the minimum withdrawal limit is $100 but if you earn less than the minimum withdrawal limit then you need to do it manually.
- It has so three withdrawal methods Direct Bank Transfer, PayPal, Payoneer, and M-Pesa only for Kenya only.
Conclusion: Which Freelancing Platform you should choose?
Through both companies, you can find people who are looking for jobs in your area of expertise with the budget you need. If you are a beginner then you should start with Fiverr because without a portfolio no one can give work in Upwork. Use Fiverr to build a good portfolio and shift to Upwork for big projects only.